What is Sports Premium?
The government is providing funding for primary school sports. The funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school Head teachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children. This money can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools. The money will be used so that all children benefit regardless of their sporting ability.
What is the purpose of Sports Premium?
All schools must use the sports premium to fund additional and sustainable improvements for provision of PE and sport, but there is freedom to choose how we do it. At St. Mary’s Catholic Primary Academy we recognise the contribution of PE to develop healthy, active lifestyles and well-being of the children. In addition, we believe that an innovative and varied PE curriculum and extra-curricular opportunities have a positive influence on the concentration, attitude and academic achievement of all children.
What is our approach to spending the Sports Premium?
At St. Mary’s we believe that all children have an equal opportunity to participate in a broad and balanced curriculum according to their needs, abilities and interests. We aim to remove all barriers to achievement and make every child Believe + Achieve + Aspire.
Any objectives that school find to be successful, co-coordinators then implement into the school’s policies and procedure for the following years to sustain these improvements.
We will create opportunities to allow your child to Believe + Achieve + Aspire. Physical Education and healthy lifestyles are highly valued at St. Mary’s. We have a broad and balanced curriculum that ensures all abilities are inspired and educated, strong relationships are nurtured, children are happy to participate in new challenges with a strong emphasis on all pupils succeeding in sport.
National Curriculum Requirements for Physical Education including Water Safety
- Primary National Curriculum Physical Education (Including Swimming).pdf pdf112.2 KbJan 19th, 2022
- Primary School Swimming in the Black Country 2020.pdf pdf1.6 MbJan 19th, 2022
- Swimming and Water Safety Guide for Parents.pdf pdf6.2 MbJun 29th, 2020
- Curriculum Swimming - Water Safety Guide.pdf pdf6.1 MbJun 29th, 2020
PE and Sport Premium Funding Overview
PE and Sport Premium Review and Impact
- Action Plan - PE and Sport Premium 2021-2022.pdf pdf592.4 KbNov 5th, 2021
- Action Plan & Impact - PE and Sport Premium 2020-2021.pdf pdf8.1 MbNov 5th, 2021
- Impact of Primary PE and Sport Premium 2019-2020.pdf pdf3.6 MbNov 5th, 2021
- Impact of Primary PE and Sport Premium 2018-2019.pdf pdf1.5 MbNov 5th, 2021