About our School
St Mary’s opened in 1928 and quickly expanded to accommodate the site as we see it today. The school was built to serve the Catholic population of the area, which had a large number of Irish immigrants.
Over the years, the demographics of the parish have changed in line with national trends in immigration. The school is now a community that is very ethnically diverse with 60% of pupils coming from non-British backgrounds.
We have a strong relationship with our feeder secondary school – Our Lady and St Chad Catholic Academy, who are located within walking distance of our site.
St Mary’s is proud to be part of St Francis and St Clare Multi Academy Company – a large family of primary and secondary schools in our local area. Together, we are committed to excellent education for all rooted in Gospel values, inspiring a love for life-long learning and following the compassion of Christ. For further information, please click here to visit our St Francis and St Clare MAC website.