We have been working hard implementing new changes to the way we teach reading at St Mary’s and have introduced a whole-school Guided Reading Scheme called ‘Project X’.
Across Wolverhampton, there has been a decline in reading attainment at the end of Y6 and we are now taking part in a ‘Reading Project’ with the Local Authority with an aim to change the reading culture at St Mary’s and raise attainment in all year groups. To do this, we have written a whole-school reading development plan and all staff have received a range of training sessions since September.
Please visit this page regularly to find out about the exciting reading events and activities taking place across school and to also view current reading documents to improve the reading of our children.
Reading Launch Day
To introduce our new Project X guided reading scheme, we had a launch day. Everyone was invited to dress up in space related costumes and a series of exciting activities were planned. When pupils arrived at school, they were greeted by a crashed space-ship scene on the school field. Later in the day a team of scientists came to investigate the scene. Everyone contributed to a whole-school story which was read by the Head of School in assembly at the end of the day.
- Reading Questions for Parents KS2.pdf pdf283.8 KbJun 30th, 2020
- Reading Questions for Parents KS1.pdf pdf191.4 KbJun 30th, 2020
- St Mary's KS2 Long Term Plan.pdf pdf344.0 KbJun 30th, 2020
- St Mary's KS1 Long Term Plan.pdf pdf342.6 KbJun 30th, 2020
- Reading Letter to Parents - January 2018.pdf pdf521.0 KbJun 30th, 2020
- Yr 6 Reading for Pleasure.pdf pdf102.8 KbJun 30th, 2020
- Yr 4 Reading for Pleasure.pdf pdf92.2 KbJun 30th, 2020
- Yr 3 Reading for Pleasure.pdf pdf100.8 KbJun 30th, 2020
- Yr 1 Reading for Pleasure.pdf pdf268.1 KbJun 30th, 2020