A big welcome to our Reception children and parents/carers 2021!
We are delighted that you have chosen St Mary’s Catholic Primary Academy for your child and we look forward to welcoming you and your family to our school community.
All parents of our new Reception children should have received an email with details of their class teachers for September and our induction sessions for the summer term. All our new Reception children will start in September on Monday 6th. The email also contains a link to our online admission form – please complete and submit this form as soon as possible so we can ensure all details are correct before your child starts with us in September.
You can also access the Reception admissions form here.
If you have any queries regarding this form, please contact the school office between 9am and 3pm, Monday to Friday.
On this page of our website, you will find lots of information about Reception at St Mary’s to help your child with their induction into school – please share these videos and PowerPoints with your child before they start with us in September:
- A welcome video from the Principal – Mrs Minihane
- A welcome video from the Vice Principal – Mrs Smith (and SENCo)
- A welcome video from the Assistant Principal – Mrs Cox
- A video from our Reception class teachers – Miss Morton and Mrs Walton, including a virtual tour of the Early Years Foundation Stage and other areas of the school.
- A video from Ron Flowers – our uniform supplier.
- A video from our Attendance Officer – Mrs Buka (including a Powerpoint and additional information about attendance)
- A video from our Office Manager – Mrs Taylor-Ashcroft,- regarding Parentpay, school milk, school meal patterns, breakfast and after school club.
- A PowerPoint from our School Nurse team which you can find here.
- A ‘School Ready’ document from our Reception class teachers which you can find here.
- Please view our School Prospectus here.
School Milk Order – Autumn 2021
During the morning at school children are able to have a drink of milk or water. All children under the age of 5 are entitled to a carton of milk for free. Once the children are over the age of five there is a charge of £12 per term to cover the cost of milk should children wish to have it. As all children in Reception are under the age of five at the start of the Autumn term they will be entitled to milk for the whole of the term.
Please can you follow the link below to indicate if your child would like to drink milk or water at morning break .
In order to help with our preparations for September, we would like you to complete the form below regarding school meal choices for the autumn term. It would help us to set up meal patterns for September 2021 by filling in the form below. We understand that your child may change their mind between now and September as to what they wish to choose for the week. If they change their mind when we get back to school in September, please notify the office of the changes no later than Friday 17th September. After this date, your child will have to wait until half term to change their meal pattern:
Breakfast and After School Club – RB Active Care
Why should I use RB Active Care?
- Ofsted registered.
- Safe secure school site.
- Close working relationship with your school.
- Cost effective child care solutions.
- We accept child care vouchers.
- Healthy breakfast and snacks provided.
- Healthy active play.
- Literacy and numeracy activities.
- Time for reading and homework.
- Professional reliable service.
- Qualified experienced staff.
Sessions need to be booked in advance via their website:
Children will be given reading books to bring home and we ask parents to log their reading on the ‘Go Read’ website or app. Please watch the video below which explains how to use go read: